Areas of Competition
50% (of preliminary score) SCORING (1-20 points)
Individual interviews are conducted between each judge and the contestants, there are a total of 5 judges. Each contestant will have 5 minutes with each judge. Each contestant is required to have a platform, (something that the contestant has a passion for). No political or religious questions allowed, unless it pertains to the platform. Judges will keep in mind, accomplishments, family commitment, communication skills, community involvement and overall appearance. There is no comparative judging in this system. Dress for interview segment is business suit.
25% (of preliminary score) SCORING (1-10 points)
Each contestant will be judged on being physically fit, energetic and healthy. Follow the link to read details on where to purchase you state outfit.
25% (of preliminary score) SCORING (1-10 points)
Contestants will select the evening gown of her choice. Husbands will escort their wife on stage during this segment of the competition. Evening gown will be scored on the self-confidence, poise, and grace the contestant shows in this phase of competition.
Mrs International Rules and Regulations
The following are the Official Rules and Regulations of Mrs. International Contestants must read and adhere to the following rules and regulations in order to participate in the Mrs. International program. To be eligible as a Contestant:
- Contestant must be at least 21 years of age by July 1st of competition year and no older than 56 years of age.
- Contestant must be married a minimum of 6 months by July 1st of competition year and must be residing with spouse. She must be of good health and moral character.
- Contestant must not have been convicted of a felony crime. She must be a naturally born female, married to a naturally born male.
- Contestant vying for a state title must be a U.S. Citizen or legal resident and a six month minimum resident in the state of her entry, work or attends college or own property in that state. International contestant must have proof of citizenship of country she represents. Residency on a military establishment of the United States within the United States of America or in a foreign country is acceptable
- A Contestant could be selected to participate as a delegate “at large” if there is no competition in, state, region or country.
- Contestant will be subject to a registration fee and or a sponsor fee. Fees may vary for each state and or country. Furthermore Contestant may not be a “National” title holder with any other Pageant System, as of June 1st of competition year.
- Contestant must never have, nor will she during her reign, pose for any photography, video, or film associated with any nudity or pornography. Nor has she ever or is presently involved in any form of employment which involves partial or complete nudity.
- Contestant agrees all decisions of judges at the Local, State/National and International levels are final and irrevocable, and that she will abide by all regulations at the State/National and International competitions. Furthermore, any Contestant and or family member or guest, showing less than sportsman like behavior at the Pageant will lead to disqualification of the Contestant with no refund under these circumstances.
- Contestant will permit Mrs. International and their licensees the right to use contestant’s photograph for publicity purposes in connection with all Mrs. International competitions.
- Contestant will permit Mrs. International and their licensees to televise live or by the use of film, video or other media, any portion or all of the competition.
- Contestant, if selected, agrees to attend the International Competition as the State or Country Representative and abide by all rules and regulations required by same or forfeit title. If Contestant relinquishes, for any reason, any title given her, all prizes must be returned in full, and in condition received.
- Contestant further understands that if selected a winner in her competition, that for one year her professional affairs as said winner will be under the sole management of Mrs. International and/or its licensees and that she will not give any written or oral endorsements without the express written permission of same. Contestant acknowledges that all rights for any appearances, endorsements, speaking engagements, acting roles, etc. resulting from winning or being a contestant in any regional, state or international competition affiliated with Mrs. International shall belong exclusively to same. I agree to all the rules and regulations stated on the application
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of woman enter the Mrs. Oklahoma International Pageant?
As our following continues to grow every year, Mrs. Oklahoma International attracts increasing numbers of women of all ages, vocations, and backgrounds. The variety of women the pageant attracts is hardly surprising. There are programers and airline pilots, doctors and dentists, aspiring models and actresses, wives and mothers. The one thing they all have in common is that they are married and have an eagerness to compete and to serve our communities.
Is there a height requirement?
There is no height requirement to enter or win.
Do i have to have children?
No. Having children is not one of the basic requirements for entry. Several winners at the state and national levels haven’t had children.
Do i need a talent?
No. We here at the Mrs. Oklahoma International pageant believe that being married is talent enough. We focus on community involvement and the causes that our women promote.
I've never entered a pageant before; do i have a chance to win?
Yes, many women have won the title on their first try. Some have tried a second time while others have competed more than four years. It truly depends on the individual. Everyone is given a fair opportunity to win.
What time commitment is involved in being a local title-holder?
You may devote as much (or as little) time as you desire, are able, in regards to promoting your title and making appearances. We request that each local title-holder make at least one appearance in their community a month, but this will vary from contestant to contestant based on each contestant’s individual schedule.
If I become a local title-holder, will I receive a crown and sash?
All local title-holders receive an official Mrs. Oklahoma International embroidered sash reflecting their particular title. Title-holders also have the option of purchasing the official Mrs. Oklahoma International local title-holder crown. Purchase of the crown is completely optional and may be purchased under contestant fees.
What do you wear for the fitness wear portion of the pageant?
Each contestant will wear the official fitness wear, designed specifically for Mrs. International organization, and Mrs. contestants have the option of purchasing a one-piece or two-piece ensemble from the official supplier, The Competitive Image. The fitness wear is worn with plain white athletic shoes of the contestant’s own choosing.
What is a platform?
A platform is a cause or issue that is near or dear to your heart. Each contestant in the Mrs. Oklahoma International Pageant will select a platform which she will spend the year promoting if selected as Mrs. Oklahoma International. There is no right or wrong platform, as long as it’s an issue that you are passionate about.
Is there an entry fee?
Yes. The Contestant fee covers the cost of doing business such as renting a theatrical facility, designing sets and music, as well as printing, advertising and phone expenses, just to name a few. We also have a registration fee. This covers your local sash along with additional fees that we have per contestant. We encourage our local titleholders to raise these fees in their communities. After all they have been exclusively selected to represent all of the married women in their areas. Space is provided in the official program book to recognize your sponsors.
Can I obtain sponsors to help defray the cost of competing?
Absolutely! Sponsors are allowed and encouraged, but not required.
Do i need to pay the contestant fee when i complete my application?
You may pay in full but the answer is no. We have broken the contestant fee into easy installments for you once your application fee is processed. We find if you are actively seeking sponsors, this is a great way to manage your pageant expenses.
How do I get started?
Follow the link below to begin your application process.